- are involved in discussions about teaching and learning, asking questions that encourage reflection on how to achieve the best in every child and adult
- have a detailed knowledge of the school and its people
- consistently communicate high expectations and are ambitious for the school and its people
- monitor and evaluate the school’s performance
- systematically challenge senior leaders to consolidate strengths and improve areas for development
- actively evaluate their own performance
Whether within the Foundation Board or within the Local Governing Bodies (LGB), Emmanuel Schools Foundation has a clear and shared understanding of what constitutes good and effective governance. The Foundation Schools have outstanding governance in which members of the LGB:
If you are interested in becoming a member, trustee or governor, please complete the form below and send it back to us.
Governor - If you are applying to join a particular school within the Foundation.
Trustee - If you are applying to join Emmanuel Schools Foundation.